American Sentinel University
Computer Science online degree programs at American Sentinel University provide students with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of computer science with an emphasis on programming.
Associate of Science in Computer Science (ASCS) is one of the accredited online degree programs at American Sentinel University, designed for students who are interested in entry-level positions in the computer science field or to transfer to a four-year degree computer science program focusing on programming and software development.The objectives of this Computer Science online degree program are to:
- Provide the student with a well-rounded education through the study of mathematics, natural sciences, social science, humanities, and oral and written communication.
- Develop the student's fundamental understanding of computer science.
- Introduce the student to software development, employing sound approaches to software design and implementation.
- Enable the student to:
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of algorithms, data structures, software design, concepts of programming languages, and computer organization and architecture, and an awareness of the evolution and dynamic nature of the foundational core of computer science.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and solve computing problems.
- Demonstrate understanding of discrete mathematics, differential and integral calculus, and probability and statistics.
- Develop analytical and critical thinking, and interpersonal skills applicable to real-world problems.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
Evidence of graduation from high school or satisfactory completion of the General Education Development (GED) requirement in the form of official transcripts or GED certificate. Official transcripts of high school graduation or GED certification must be sent directly to American Sentinel University by the granting institution(s). Students wishing to enroll in an associate's degree program must have received a minimum GPA of 2.00 in their high school studies.