The Ocupational Therapy online degree programs at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences will provide US licensed Occupational Therapists with further knowledge in occupational therapy.
Master of Science in Advanced Occupational Therapy is one of the accredited online degree programs at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences, designed for those already holding an entry-level, professional degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Occupational Therapy. Designed for practicing occupational therapists interested in continuing, advanced education in occupational therapy, the program allows the working clinician to build upon existing experience, strengthen academic foundations, improve clinical reasoning and critical analysis skills, and increase the ability to practice in varied clinical and administrative settings.The Ocupational Therapy online degree program offers the following areas of concentration:
- general practice,
- geriatric management,
- health administration,
- and public health management.
The students who enrol this 42-credit hour online degree program will focus on areas including critical thinking, issues in mental health, legislation, and evidence-based practice.
If you have searched occupational therapy colleges looking for an online degree program that balances your busy schedule with contiuing your education in occupational therapy, ASHS is the right place for you. Offered via an online distance education format, the Master of Science in Occupational Therapy degree program allows working professionals to complete their didactic studies at their convenience in the place of their choice – including the comfort of their homes. The program fosters valuable interaction among students and faculty by providing access to a virtual community of practicing occupational therapists from across the country and around the globe.
Courses are offered in 6-12 week modules with students averaging 2-3 courses per quarter. It is estimated that each student will spend 8-10 hours of study per week and, on average, can complete the program in two years.
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Although AMOT faculty and students “meet” in online classroom environments, clinical (practice related) experiences are required to complete several of the core “Professional Practice” courses. AMOT students are able and encouraged to use their current practice settings to meet this requirement. In the event that a student is not employed/practicing at the time of a particular course requiring a clinical experience, the student is responsible for identifying and gaining access to a clinical practice setting applicable to the assignments required in the course.
- No GRE required.
- A bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university, or be qualified to practice in a country recognized by the World Federation of Occupational Therapy.
- Initial certification as an Occupational Therapist from the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy. International applicants are eligible to apply but must show proof of cerficiation or a license to practice that is equivalent to licensure in the United States.
- Minimum overall undergraduate 2.50 GPA and minimum Occupational Therapy program 2.50 GPA on a 4.00 scale.
- Official sealed transcripts from all institutions attended.
- International students must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting and official TOEFL score of 500 (paper-based), 173 (computer-based), 61 (web-based) or higher.