American Sentinel University
The Nursing online degree program at American Sentinel University prepares advanced practice nurses for a career as nursing administrators.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is one of the accredited online degree programs at American Sentinel University, designed for working professionals who seek to develop their skills and gain the advantage resulting from a comprehensive high-quality graduate program. The purpose of the this Nursing online degree program is to prepare leaders, managers, and practitioners who facilitate achievement of optimal health in the dynamic healthcare system. This role of nursing administrators involves management of resources, interdisciplinary collaboration, and application of technology, information systems, knowledge, and critical thinking.The objectives of the Nursing online degree program are to provide students with the knowledge to:
- Utilize theoretical knowledge to guide advanced practice nursing.
- Collaborate in research activities and utilize knowledge gained from research in advanced practice nursing.
- Evaluate health policies and economics related to the delivery of healthcare.
- Assume roles as leaders and collaborators with other professionals and communities in planning, providing, and evaluating healthcare.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
Structured Independent Study
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience in a nursing discipline.
- Two references from current or past senior managers.
- A goal statement that states the academic, professional, and personal goals you would like to achieve through your studies at American Sentinel University. The Admissions Committee evaluates goals statements as part of the application process.
- Original transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended, sent directly to American Sentinel University from the institution. Students wishing to enroll in a graduate program must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.67 from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.