American Sentinel University
The Health Information Management online degree program at American Sentinel University prepares students to manage information systems in healthcare enterprises.
Master of Science in Health Information Management (MS HIM) is one of the accredited online degree programs at American Sentinel University, designed for professionals who seek the skills and knowledge necessary to develop and manage information systems resources in healthcare enterprises. The student will acquire the skills needed to analyze information needs, design solutions, and manage information storage, transfer, and retrieval in healthcare environments.The objectives of the Health Information Management online degree programs is to provide students with the knowledge to:
- Utilize information systems tools, techniques, and methodologies applicable to healthcare systems.
- Manage healthcare information systems development projects that meet health administration needs.
- Develop reporting and support capabilities for healthcare decisions.
- Ensure information policy and strategy are consistent with the clinical, ethical, legal, and financial requirements of healthcare institutions.
- Evaluate all aspects of the healthcare environment and integrate strategic thinking into the operations of the organization.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
Structured Independent Study
- Two references from current or past senior managers.
- A goal statement that states the academic, professional, and personal goals you would like to achieve through your studies at American Sentinel University. The Admissions Committee evaluates goals statements as part of the application process.
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience for the executive MBA program.
- Original transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended, sent directly to American Sentinel University from the institution. Students wishing to enroll in a graduate program must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.67 from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- American Sentinel University is a GMAT-using school, but GMATs or GREs are not required for admission to American Sentinel University