American Sentinel University
The Computer Science online degree program at American Sentinel University prepares students for the rigors of real-world programming and gives specialized knowledge in the area of game programming.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Game Programming specialization (BSCS-GP) is one of the accredited online degree programs at American Sentinel University, designed for students who want to be provided with both a broad exposure to the field of computer science and specialized knowledge in the area of game programming. This computer science degree program is suitable not only for students who desire to immediately enter the game programming field, but also for students who want a general degree in computer science and wish to learn how to apply the general principles in an exciting genre.The objectives of this online degree program are to:
- Provide students with a well-rounded education through the study of mathematics, natural sciences, social science, humanities, and written and oral communication.
- Develop students' fundamental understanding of the major areas of computer science: algorithms and data structures, artificial intelligence, computer organization and architecture, numerical computation, operating systems, programming language theory, and software engineering.
- Enable students to develop practical critical thinking and interpersonal skills applicable to real-world problems.
- Develop students into proficient software developers and game programmers, with the skills needed by the software industry now and the ability to adapt to future developments.
- Prepare students for entry into the computer science profession, the game development industry, and for entry into the American Sentinel University's Master of Science program.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
Evidence of graduation from high school or satisfactory completion of the General Education Development (GED) requirement in the form of official transcripts or GED certificate. Official transcripts of high school graduation or GED certification must be sent directly to American Sentinel University by the granting institution(s). Students wishing to enroll in a bachelor's degree program must have received a minimum GPA of 2.00 in their high school studies.