American Sentinel University
The Information Systems online degree program at American Sentinel University prepares students to manage information systems in organizations and enterprises.
Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) is one of the accredited online degree programs at American Sentinel University, designed for professionals who are seeking the skills and knowledge necessary to manage information systems resources in today's organizations. Individuals enrolling in the Information Systems online degree program should have either a bachelor's degree in information systems, management, or a related field or a bachelor's degree in a non-related field of study with significant IT-related work experience.
The aim of this program is to produce graduates who are capable of leadership in information systems through the formulation and implementation of information systems that address organizational needs and provide decision support. The curriculum focuses on strategic skills needed to integrate an organization's information systems with its management goals by encompassing a broad spectrum of both information systems and advanced business courses.
- A mastery of basic and advanced information systems tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of organizational structures, employee behavior, and the impact of change on organizations.
- A developed proficiency in the skills necessary to manage information systems development projects.
- The analytical skills necessary to identify organizational strategic advantages within an organization's information systems/IT function.
- Well-developed communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- A foundation for lifelong learning, professional development, research, and/or further graduate study.
Undergraduate prerequisite courses may be required, depending upon an individual's background.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
- Two references from current or past senior managers.
- A goal statement that states the academic, professional, and personal goals you would like to achieve through your studies at American Sentinel University. The Admissions Committee evaluates goals statements as part of the application process.
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience for the executive MBA program.
- Original transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended, sent directly to American Sentinel University from the institution. Students wishing to enroll in a graduate program must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.67 from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- American Sentinel University is a GMAT-using school, but GMATs or GREs are not required for admission to American Sentinel University