American Sentinel University
The Information Systems online degree program at American Sentinel University provides students with a broad base of knowledge of computer information systems as they are used in modern organizational settings.
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BSIS) is one of the accredited online degree programs at American Sentinel University, designed for students interested in acquiring a broad base of knowledge of computer information systems as they are used in modern organizational settings. This information systems online degree program is intended for students who have graduated from high school, are experienced and comfortable with using computers, are interested in computer applications as used in business, and desire to learn information systems in a rigorous way.The objectives of the online degree program are to:
- Provide students with a well-rounded education through the study of mathematics, natural sciences, social science, humanities, and written and oral communication.
- Enable students to develop analytical and critical thinking and interpersonal skills applicable to real-world problems.
- Develop the skills needed to apply fundamental systems analysis and design concepts and methods.
- Prepare students for a career in the information systems segments of business, industry, government, and education.
- Provide technology-oriented professionals with the knowledge and ability to develop creative solutions.
- Focus on the application of information systems concepts to the collection of information for management planning and decision-making.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
Evidence of graduation from high school or satisfactory completion of the General Education Development (GED) requirement in the form of official transcripts or GED certificate. Official transcripts of high school graduation or GED certification must be sent directly to American Sentinel University by the granting institution(s). Students wishing to enroll in a bachelor's degree program must have received a minimum GPA of 2.00 in their high school studies.