American Sentinel University
The Information Systems online degree program at American Sentinel University provides students with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of computer science with an emphasis on programming.
Associate of Science in Information Systems (ASIS) is a program designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in the computer science field and for transfer to a four-year degree computer science program focused on programming and software development.The objectives of the Associate of Science in Information Systems program are to:
- Provide the student with a well-rounded education through the study of mathematics, natural sciences, social science, humanities, and communication.
- Enable students to develop analytical and critical thinking and interpersonal skills applicable to real-world problems, and to develop the skills needed to:
- Apply fundamental systems analysis and design concepts and problem-solving strategies to information technology problems.
- Analyze, design, and implement solutions to business problems.
- Create and test computer information systems solutions for business problems.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
Evidence of graduation from high school or satisfactory completion of the General Education Development (GED) requirement in the form of official transcripts or GED certificate. Official transcripts of high school graduation or GED certification must be sent directly to American Sentinel University by the granting institution(s). Students wishing to enroll in an associate's degree program must have received a minimum GPA of 2.00 in their high school studies.