Are you passionate about page layout? Fascinated by product packaging? Does typography make you swoon? If so, then turn your passion into a rewarding and creative career. With the Graphic Design diploma program at VCAD, you will build a skill set that compliments your artistic talents so you can launch a successful career as a graphic designer.
In this program, you’ll focus on learning techniques used in both traditional and computer graphic design, including drawing, design and color theory, typography as well as the standard software used in the industry. You’ll learn to design for publications, packaging, advertising, corporate branding and websites.
Transition into the professional realm with a portfolio that showcases both your creative flare and impressive skills.
Career opportunities exist in a wide variety of fields, including graphic design firms, marketing agencies and advertising companies. Magazines, newspapers, professional printers and web development companies also require graphic designers. Event promotions and planning services may also employ graphic designers.
Upon successful completion of the five terms of this program, you will be able to:
- Propose creative solutions to design problems.
- Evaluate the appropriate materials, tools, techniques and concepts, required to produce an effective design solution.
- Communicate ideas using color
- Create digital graphics and illustrations.
- Determine the appropriate media based on project requirements.
- Manage project and time constraints.
- Optimize the readability of typography.
- Assess visually photographic images on quality and effectiveness.
- Produce graphic documents of high resolution
- Ensure the technical and design quality of a graphic design solution.
- Process digital images using appropriate software.
- Produce single and multi page layouts using the appropriate software.
- Create a fully functional Web site