Are you passionate about 3D animation? Ready to turn this passion into a fun-filled creative career? In the 3D Modelling Animation Art and Design diploma program at VCAD, you'll learn the tools and develop the skills to succeed in the Computer Generated animation industry.
In this program, you'll learn the techniques used in three dimensional animation art and design. You'll focus on the game development process, including using storyboards, staging scenes and as well as designing game environments and levels. More importantly, you'll design 3D characters and animate them using industry-standard software. By the end of the program, your portfolio will highlight your skill set and showcase the uniqueness of your work.
Career opportunities can be found in a variety of CGI-based industries, including computer animations studios, game development companies as well as post-production and special effects studios. Positions may include 3D modeler, character modeler, technical artist and junior production designer. Employment may also be found at industrial design firms, software producers or other companies that require the production of 3d graphics and animation.
Upon successful completion of the six terms of this program, you will be able to:
- Work with major trends in visual and graphic arts.
- Apply critical thinking and creative expression techniques.
- Analyze and critique a production.
- Draw a character and its environment.
- Shape a model.
- Stage a scene.
- Design game environments.
- Design game characters.
- Develop a storyboard.
- Produce computer-generated images.
- Produce 3D models of props.
- Prepare 3D models of characters.
- Represent movements in three dimensions.
- Animate characters.
- Create digital visual effects.
- Present a professional portfolio.