American Sentinel University
The Computer Science online degree program at American Sentinel University prepares students for the rigors of real-world programming.
Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) is one of the accredited online degree programs at American Sentinel University, designed for students who seek advanced research and development positions in business and industry. This online degree program is aimed for students who have completed a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or a degree in a closely related field or a bachelor's degree in a non-related field with a strong background in computer science gained through work experience.The objectives of the Computer Science online degree program are to provide students with:
- The tools necessary to find and formulate problems, think analytically, and recommend solutions to problems.
- A broad intellectual base, well-developed interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, and a mastery of the appropriate elements of the discipline of computer science.
- An in-depth treatment of theoretical foundations and formal methods in computer science, through a balanced treatment of theory, abstraction, design, and the social and professional context for the discipline.
- A foundation for lifelong learning through professional development, research, and/or further graduate study.
Undergraduate prerequisite courses may be required depending upon an individual's background.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
- Two references from current or past senior managers.
- A goal statement that states the academic, professional, and personal goals you would like to achieve through your studies at American Sentinel University. The Admissions Committee evaluates goals statements as part of the application process.
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience for the executive MBA program.
- Original transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended, sent directly to American Sentinel University from the institution. Students wishing to enroll in a graduate program must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.67 from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- American Sentinel University is a GMAT-using school, but GMATs or GREs are not required for admission to American Sentinel University