American Sentinel University
The Computer Science online degree program at American Sentinel University prepares students for the rigors of real-world programming.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) is one of the accredited online degree programs at American Sentinel University, designed for students who have graduated from high school, are experienced and comfortable with using computers, desire to learn computer science in a rigorous way, and are self-motivated and capable of working with less direct supervision.
The program features C++ as the core language. American Sentinel University adopted C++ because the object-oriented paradigm is increasingly important in both academics and in the workplace. C++ prepares students for the rigors of real-world programming.
- Provide students with a well-rounded education through the study of mathematics, natural sciences, social science, humanities, and written and oral communication.
- Develop students' fundamental understanding of the major areas of computer science: algorithms and data structures, artificial intelligence, computer organization and architecture, numerical computation, operating systems, programming language theory, and software engineering.
- Enable students to develop practical critical thinking and interpersonal skills applicable to real-world problems.
- Develop students into proficient software developers, employing sound approaches to software design and implementation, with the skills needed by the software industry now and the ability to adapt to future developments.
- Prepare students for entry into the computer science profession, especially in software development, and for entry into the American Sentinel University's Master of Science program.
- Allow students to tailor the curriculum to emphasize individual areas of interest.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
Evidence of graduation from high school or satisfactory completion of the General Education Development (GED) requirement in the form of official transcripts or GED certificate. Official transcripts of high school graduation or GED certification must be sent directly to American Sentinel University by the granting institution(s). Students wishing to enroll in a bachelor's degree program must have received a minimum GPA of 2.00 in their high school studies.