American Sentinel University
The Business Intelligence online degree program at American Sentinel University will provide students with key skills needed to use data in order to understand and improve operations.
Master of Science in Business Intelligence (MSBI) is one of the accredited online degree programs at American Sentinel University, designed for students seeking to acquire a higher level of knowledge and understanding of business operations This is a professionally oriented program which develops the diversified analytical skills and competencies required gain insight and intelligence into the in the operations of a modern business enterprise. Students will acquire the key analytical skills needed define and implement key performance metrics across business units. Furthermore, students will learn to use tools such as Six Sigma to identify business processes ideal for improvement. With a focus on quantifying business operations, students will learn to tell a business story using verifiable numbers. Business intelligence is about using data to understand and improve operations. This Business Intelligence online degree program teaches those key skills.The objectives of the online degree program are to provide students with:
- Identify and understand the functional areas of business intelligence.
- Develop analytical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills applicable to real-world problems.
- Apply sound analytical skills and business principles to decision making with respect to operational and strategic activities.
- Develop sound financial planning, reporting, and information models which satisfy regulatory considerations such as Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Develop corporate dashboards which utilize key performance indicators which managers and workers can use to improve day-to-day business operations.
- Use a framework such as Six Sigma to analyze all aspects of business operations and find and implement quality-control improvements and efficiencies.
- Recognize and solve potential risks and put in place policies and procedures which minimize the impact of business interruptions.
American Sentinel University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
Structured Independent Study
- Two references from current or past senior managers.
- A goal statement that states the academic, professional, and personal goals you would like to achieve through your studies at American Sentinel University. The Admissions Committee evaluates goals statements as part of the application process.
- At least 5 years of full-time work experience for the executive MBA program.
- Original transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended, sent directly to American Sentinel University from the institution. Students wishing to enroll in a graduate program must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.67 from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- American Sentinel University is a GMAT-using school, but GMATs or GREs are not required for admission to American Sentinel University